REFUNDS RELATED TO HOMESTAY BOOKING:
- The Accommodation Placement Fee is non-refundable if a booking is cancelled at any time after service fees are paid.
- If a student cancels a Homestay booking after they had “Accepted and Confirmed the Offer” and before scheduled arrival to Canada, two (2) weeks rent (Homestay rental fees) will not be refunded, to compensate the homestay family.
- Homestay rent period commences from the date it is booked. If a student arrives to the homestay to start a rental period at any later date, no refunds in-lieu of the lost days will be given, unless a valid reason is approved by Toronto Five Star and the host family.
- There is no refund of homestay rental fees (rent) within the first 4 weeks after moving in to the homestay, or if the student failed to show up.
REFUNDS RELATED TO AIRPORT PICKUP BOOKING:
- Airport Pickup Fees are refundable if cancelled at least 48 hours before scheduled arrival time, less any applicable bank charges and administration fees.
- If arrival details change (for example, arrival date or flight number changes) and Toronto Five Star is not notified both by email and by phone (call +1-647-923-9300) at least 24 hours before the initial scheduled arrival time, a second Airport Pickup fee will be charged to the student.
- Students who do not arrive at the airport as scheduled, without prior notice, will not receive any refunds. If they still require Toronto Five Star to pick them up from the airport, we will strive to do so, depending on available drivers at the time, and provided a new (second) airport pickup fee is paid in full.
REFUNDS RELATED TO GUARDIANSHIP BOOKING:
- Guardianship Application Fee is non-refundable once received.
- Prepaid Guardianship Fees are only refunded if the Visa is refused (copy of rejection letters from the Canadian Immigration Office and your applied institution to be submitted).
- For requests to change the guardian after arrival, the first three (3) months of Guardianship fees are not refunded. The balance of Guardianship fees will be refunded provided the new guardian is an approved guardian by the student’s educational institute.
Policy for Changes and Cancellations
ALL NOTICES OF CANCELLATIONS AND REQUESTS FOR CHANGES TO ACCOMMODATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING. ALL REFUNDS AND CHARGES ARE CALCULATED FROM THE DATE THAT NOTIFICATION WAS RECEIVED. A CANCELLATION IS DEFINED AS A SITUATION IN WHICH THE STUDENT/CLIENT DECIDES NOT TO USE THE ACCOMMODATION PROVIDED BY TORONTO FIVE STAR HOMESTAY. A CHANGE IS DEFINED AS A SITUATION IN WHICH THE STUDENT/CLIENT DECIDES TO SWITCH FROM ONE ACCOMMODATION PROVIDED BY TORONTO FIVE STAR HOMESTAY TO ANOTHER ACCOMMODATION PROVIDED BY FIVE STAR HOMESTAY OR IF THE STUDENT/CLIENT DECIDES TO SHORTEN THEIR STAY.
I. Cancellations for Homestay
a. The $250 placement fee is non-refundable once a host has been accepted by the student / client
b. Cancellation up to 60 days prior to arrival will be granted a refund, less the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees)
c. Cancellation from 59 to 30 days prior to arrival will be granted a refund, less 2 months of accommodation fees plus the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees).
d. Cancellation from 7 – 29 days prior to arrival will be granted a refund, less 3 months of accommodation fees plus the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees).
e. Cancellation from 0 -6 days prior to arrival – All fees are non-refundable.
f. In the event of being required to leave the program because of failure to obey program rules, a breach of law, policy or regulation determined by Five Star Homestay, the governing legal authorities, and the school/school board (if applicable) no refund is provided.
g. After arrival,
a. Long-term participants who have pre-booked and pre-paid a long-term stay (more than 8 weeks) and decide to cancel Five Star Homestay services after arrival are required to give a 3 Weeks notice period. The request must be made in writing. The Cancelation fee $285 Will charged the amount and plus the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees).
b. Short-term participants (8 weeks or less) who decide to cancel Five Star Homestay services after arrival are not eligible for any refunds.
h. In the case of extenuating circumstances or medical issues that result in cancellation of all or part of the reserved Five Star Homestay services, supporting documentation from a medical professional or other authoritative body will be requested at the time of refund request.
i. All refund requests will be reviewed. Refunds will be made on a case by case basis.
j. Relocation to a new host family will result in a relocation service fee charged to the participant.
II. Cancellations from High School Program
- A. The $1,000 deposit paid at the time of the reservation is non-refundable once a host whom meets Toronto Five Star Homestay standards is presented to the student / client.
- B. Cancellation request received prior to Five Star Homestay offering a host whom meets their standards: A cancellation fee of $500 will be charged. A refund of payment received, will be made within 30 days of written notification, less the $500 cancellation fee.
- C. No refund shall be given for cancellation requests received after a host has been accepted by the student / client; or students who fail to show up at the accommodation on scheduled arrival date (No Show); or in the event a student chooses to leave a homestay early without a valid reason or concern.
- D. In the event a student is expelled from her/his school (that does not involve breaking any state or federal laws, and it has been determined the student is not a danger to his/herself or others) that student will be offered at least one other school option from Toronto Five Star Homestay to be transferred too. If this option is not accepted within 24 hours, then the student will be expelled from the High School Program as well and will have to leave his host homes provided by Toronto Five Star Homestay within 48 hours. In the event of such expulsion, no refund shall be given.
III. Cancellations for Student Residences
Each residence has different cancellation policies. Please ask a Toronto Five Star Homestay representative prior to confirming the placement.
IV. Changes for Homestay
After arrival, we will allow accommodation changes at no charge provided two (2) week’s notice is given. Two weeks of accommodation fees will be charged from the date the request was received for any request for changes that needs to occur in less than 15 days.